[Noisebridge-discuss] Ballots for board election will be ready soon.

Albert Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 22:46:20 UTC 2011

The ballots for the 2011 board election will be ready to hand out to
people soon. Alex & Meredith, being members who are not running nor
nominated anyone, will be generating and printing out the ballots
(though it will probably be only one of them that needs to end up
doing it.)

The ballots have serial numbers for verification, but they're also set
up in a way to ensure privacy. The system is described here:
https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/board/2011-January/000913.html

(It'd be great if anyone with security knowledge could take a look and
point out any obvious flaws.)

The general wiki page for the 2011 election is here:
http://nburl.net/2011election

We still need a somewhat secure ballot box. Basically, just a box made
out of scrap wood with a slot in it. We don't need a lock, we can just
glue it shut and then crowbar it open to count the votes. (It just has
to be generally tamper proof to make sure people don't take votes out
of it.) Any volunteers?

Don't worry about the ballot system, the actual voting and counting
process itself is still as simple as it was last year. I'd also like
to ask for any volunteers (who aren't running or nominated anyone) to
hand out ballots to members and check off their names as they receive
them. Any volunteers?

-Al