[Noisebridge-discuss] Notes for previous meeting: 1.11.2011

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:47:01 UTC 2011

Noisebridge meeting Tuesday Jan 11 2011
Meeting Start: 820PM

Moderator:  Al Sweigart
Note Taker: R. Miloh Alexander

Our regularly scheduled events are introduced
What is consensus: Andy describes consensus
What are members: Andy describes Noisebridge membership

DISCUSSION ITEMS:

LASER CUTTER
Shannon brings up the fund raising drive for a laser engraver:
Noisebridge has attempted to obtain a laser cutter for a while..  last
count, we only need $204 for a LASER CUTTER, namely a device to cut
things with a laser.
As an incentive, Donor's names will be on a special laser etched
plaque above the laser cutter in the laser cutter room.

ART NIGHT
Members of the Art Night collective attended the meeting to introduce
themselves and the upcoming Art Night event Fun-A-Day round up that
will be held at Noisebridge on February 6th, 2011.
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Fun-A-Day_Round_Up

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Fun-A-Day_Round_Up

BOARD ELECTION CONSENSUS ITEM DISCUSSION:
Discussion about the voting system for the board Election
including voting methods.  Discussion compares Condorcet with Approval
voting, the election process (including ballot creation and
processing), and the method for nominations and confirmation of
acceptance).

TREASURY REPORT
Treasurer Statement:   Current funds in the bank are ~17k
Dues payment was 4360.00 in December, which includes prepayments for next year
The treasurer is trying to start tracking t-shirt and beverage income
separately
There was $363 in the Donation bin today (not counted since 12/20)

*side note by Miloh:  if members collectively fund %80 percent of the
'rule of thumb' $165/day costs, the leaves about a $33/day funding gap
that needs to be covered with donations in order to maintain a neutral
cash flow from month-to-month.  This count from the cash donation bin
holds only ~50% of this amount (21 days * $33/day = $693), which means
Noisebridge will be cash flow negative month-to-month if we only rely
on the cash donation bin)

MEMBERSHIP PORTION OF THE MEETING
Up for member-ship
Rachel H. is inducted!
Chandra N.  is Inducted!
J0ck (absent!)
Josh M.??                       <--
R. Miloh Alexander (that's me!)?? <-- these feebs are 'trying to
subvert the pro-cess by becoming members of Noisebridge!'

Others are still in process and it looks like they aren't showing up!
If you can't show up then make friends with members who can show you
how to subvert the process!  If you don't want to be a member but are
a regular Noisebridge user, please consider a monthly donation via
paypal or the aforementioned 'cash donation bin'.

END:
Meeting is ended at 930PM

NOTA BENE:
Question:
What does a note taker do during the meeting?

Answer:
The useful note-taker
Should pass along the notes of anyone approved during the meeting to
the current secretary of Noisebridge ( secretary at Noisebridge.net)
Should record upcoming events, discussion, and upcoming or recent
consensus decisions
Should promptly send notes to the mailing lists: nb-discuss and
nb-announce for announcements of important consensus decisions

I'm late with these items and no one should follow my example!