[Noisebridge-discuss] Turing Classroom Sunday Night?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Jan 21 20:42:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 09:23:56AM -0800, Peter Werner wrote:
> Would it be possible to reserve the Turing Classroom on Sunday night
> starting at 7 PM for the Advanced Mushroom ID/Microscopy workshop I am
> planning?

We don't really have "reservations", but I'm confident that on a Sunday
evening, if you show up an hour before your planned event, you'll be
able to work with whoever else is using the space to have room for your
event.

> Also, is a digital projector and laptop available, or will I
> need to bring one?

There's the big projector up front, but I don't know if any of the
portable ones are working (I think at least one of them had a bulb burn
out recently).  I would recommend you bring your own laptop, there may
be hardware at NB but the likelihood of it meeting your requirements is,
well, hit or miss.

Probably best to give a presentation dry-run on Saturday during the day,
so you (or someone) can address any issues while stores are still open
in case adapter cables or whatever turn out to be necessary.

The workshop sounds super interesting!  Alas I'm going to be out of town
so I can't make it.

-andy