[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge-discuss: mailing list versus forum system

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 05:27:33 UTC 2011

I didn't realize when I first started coming to noisebridge how many
people receive every message that is sent to the list.  The result was
lots of anger towards me personally for too many posts.

To answer your question:
The best solution I came up with was to setup a dedicated xen hypervisor
server in the server room.  It would serve only relatively low traffic
solutions for noisebridge itself, including forums, a diaspora server,
etc.  Using xen would allow everything to have its own dedicated virtual
machine.

The xen server could also be a machine for noisebridge
visitors/developers to use to test their apps, but that traffic would
only be permitted from within the noisebridge network (i.e., they are
physically at the space).

I went so far as to offer to buy the server myself and put it in the
server room.  The only response I got was that we didn't need another
server in there using electricity.

Patrick