[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge-discuss: mailing list versus forum system

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Jan 27 05:28:02 UTC 2011

> So my question is: why doesn't noisebridge consider a forum system
> versus a mailinglist system?

Set up a forum. It's a doacracy (and easy software to install) :)

I don't think it will be used, however. :(   I know that, for me, even
though its less logical, I want the mail to come to me in my inbox instead
of having me to go out and find it in a forum. Logical or not, it's what's
comfortable for me and my habits. I think it may be the same for others.

But, I could be wrong. The nice thing about this is -- set one up. If people
use it, great -- you'll have fixed an obvious problem and be our hero.

If people don't, well, the forums will die a slow death and we'll still be
sending a crap-load of emails back and forth to each other :)

Cheers,

Glen
--
Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter
least.

-- Goethe