[Noisebridge-discuss] What has become of the bedbug issue?

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Fri Jul 8 17:42:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Jay Reynolds Freeman <
jay_reynolds_freeman at mac.com> wrote:

> Speaking of things that seem to have fallen off the mailing lists,
> what has become of the issue of the possibility of bedbugs at
> Noisebridge?

As some people suggested we do, a few of us paid for trained bedbug-sniffing
dogs to check the place out. There was no indication, apart from a small
historic trace detected by one of the dogs in the corner of a couch that was
isolated from everywhere else. We carefully discarded that couch, and made a
big song and dance about not bringing in any more skanky couches.

I'm going to bring the dogs in shortly again just to double check, but there
have been no more reports since we collapsed the eigenbug. We'll also then
be the only hackerspace in the world that will ascertained its bedbuggery
empirically.

The dogs were exceptionally cute, and I am a cat person.