[Noisebridge-discuss] Buying lockers for Noisebridge.

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:03:42 UTC 2011

Just to address some points on this thread:

* I could handle the overhead of tracking locker rentals. There's no
need to have the treasurer handle this. For me, this would just me a
monthly check of who's paid up.

* I think using full sized lockers would be a waste of space, unless
we only had a few of them for members who need the full sized ones.
The cube sized lockers (like at a bus station or amusement park) would
probably be better. You can fit a laptop and other things in there,
and we would be able to have more of them.

* I'm against the pay-for lockers where you put a couple quarters in
each time. It's too easy for people to lose the keys and would be
costly to constantly replace the keys. Also, it kind of sucks to pay
again just because you closed it before remembering something else you
wanted to put in there.

* Renting a locker wouldn't just be for long-term storage, but also
guarantee that you have a secure place to put your things when you
leave to get a burrito or something.

* We've already run out of member shelf space for members. Lockers
would be even more scarce. Having a low monthly rate would ensure that
people who no longer need a locker will free them up for others, and
also provide NB with a bit of revenue.

-Al