[Noisebridge-discuss] Sleeper Problem

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sat Jul 16 19:15:03 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Computer Coder
<encryption1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Al,
> You are definitely over-reacting. Also, Lennie never went back to
> Noisebridge that day, I know because He was with me that day from 8am-12,
> then he has school at 12, so you are really tripping and you should not even
> mention Lennie's name period. Lennie studies, works, and mind his own
> business. He goes to college and does alot of program homework in C++, a
> language that not many know at Noisebridge, So he utilizes the space in the
> way it should be utilized, He does not sleep there. He works late. There are
> other people that have always been sleeping there.
> Robert has slept there numerous times. Alex has also. Dan, Ramon, others
> that work also like Lennie on there projects.  Lilia and her boyfriend
> usually are there all night also, sometimes Mitch and other members. If
> someone takes a nap in a chair, that is not sleeping there, There is a
> difference. All these people use the space with its intended purpose, to
> hack, learn, prosper. You come in with a negative spirit and
> misinterpretation and  attack the ones who love nb and utilize it correctly
> with all your mental inconsistencys and misunderstanding of what the true
> hacker spirit really is and also of what it means to be dedicated to
> succeeding in the information technology. All of the great companys of
> today....Google, Facebook, Salesforce, Microsoft etc.... were coding,
> working non-stop day and night to make there companys succeed which is
> obvious that it worked, without someone as yourself, Al, telling them what
> to do.

Hey Computer Coder,

There's no reason to criticise Al so harshly here -- as we discussed
in the meeting, many of the people you mention have publicly said they
support him popping by to check that the space is okay, including
Robert and Mitch (although they can also be bemused when it happens to
them!). Ramon also offered to help out on a night shift to see that
things are okay. Al's post explained that Lennie was polite, and
others have already explained that Lennie is well-known and respected.
It's possible to have misunderstandings, and it's really hard to know
everyone in the space.

(I have to say it seems unlikely to me that Al made a mistake here --
he spoke to the guy, and documented what he said. I apologise for
doubting you, and I'm happy to try and corroborate what you're saying
here, but by accusing people of "tripping" and "stink"ing, and then
reeling out a list of names on a public list when your primary beef
seems to be that someone else mentioned someone else's name, you're
not really helping your case. You might want to ask Lennie if he's
spoken to Al. Also Lennie can speak for himself.)

If you'd like to better understand what Al is thinking from people
that you know better, I do suggest you talk to Mitch or Robert -- or
me, if you know me. It's hard to know who you are right now. Turning
up to the meeting to state your opinion is also good. If you want to
remain anonymous, you can ask someone you trust to represent your
opinion.

d.