[Noisebridge-discuss] Sleeper problem/Kitchen cleanliness

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sat Jul 16 22:22:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Espen Sivertsen <espen at kaospilot.dk> wrote:
> In terms of dishes, I would suggest installing a second dish-washer.
>
> Here is my take on the problem:
>
>        - We are all lazy, and don't want to do our own dishes
>        - Especially not if the sink is already full of dirty dishes
>        - If the dishwasher is full we don't want to be the one to empty it
>        - If I want to empty the dishwasher, I've no idea where things go
>
> Solution = 2 dishwashers. This would make it easier for people to put away dirty dishes, even when one is running. I can make reversible Clean/Dirty signs for each dishwasher - so it's easy to see what's what. This would also encourage people to habitually take stuff from the clean dishwashers rather than the cabinets, so creating a mini eco-system of cleanliness.
>
> We can get a dishwasher for around 400$ (though we might want to talk about energy and portability issues). If people are interested I will pitch in the first 100. I will need help to transport and install though.
>
> In the mean time, though I usually don't eat at NB, I will continue doing what I always do: wash one extra item and put it away.

<troll>

I know! Let's take something that's not working and double-down on the
situation. How could that possibly fail?!

</troll>

Any time there is a mess left out, it's purely a lack of personal
responsibility.
If one doesn't clean up after themselves, they're just making life
hard for everyone else.

The solution to problems like these are simple, but difficult since it
takes work on everyones part all at once.

--j