[Noisebridge-discuss] Tor consensus item

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Wed Jul 27 06:15:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Al Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Al Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I can't make it to the meeting tonight, but I have an addition to the
>>> Tor consensus item I'd like to make.
>>>

>> Okay, firstly, I really want to emphasise that if people have an issue
>> with a particular consensus proposal please, please talk to the people
>> making the proposal directly earlier than the day it is up. One of the
>> reasons why meetings can go on a long time is that people  announce on
>> the same day some position, and then expect the entire brunt of the
>> negotiation is going to take place on that situation in situ during
>> the meeting. That sort of thing doesn't happen in 99% of any organized
>> group, despite the appearance of "Mr Smith goes to Washington", and
>> it's not really going to work here. This goes double if you're not
>> actually going to be at the meeting.
>>

> I know this is relatively last minute, but I didn't comfortable
> bringing up opposition to this consensus item (even though I'm for it)
> literally until this afternoon. It's something that's been weighing on
> my mind since before last meeting, but I didn't want to be seen as
> being obstructive or adding yet another delay or complication.

It's not super-late minute, I do remember you bringing it up last
week. And anyway, we had some more (I think easily resolvable)
concerns from Other Other Rachel to iron out anyway, so we bounced it
all to next week. Working out how to unwrap the arrangement was a
really important point, and it's really good that we're shaking out
everything.

d.