[Noisebridge-discuss] Tor consensus item

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 22:42:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Al Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I can't make it to the meeting tonight, but I have an addition to the
>> Tor consensus item I'd like to make.
>>

> Okay, firstly, I really want to emphasise that if people have an issue
> with a particular consensus proposal please, please talk to the people
> making the proposal directly earlier than the day it is up. One of the
> reasons why meetings can go on a long time is that people  announce on
> the same day some position, and then expect the entire brunt of the
> negotiation is going to take place on that situation in situ during
> the meeting. That sort of thing doesn't happen in 99% of any organized
> group, despite the appearance of "Mr Smith goes to Washington", and
> it's not really going to work here. This goes double if you're not
> actually going to be at the meeting.

I know this is relatively last minute, but I didn't comfortable
bringing up opposition to this consensus item (even though I'm for it)
literally until this afternoon. It's something that's been weighing on
my mind since before last meeting, but I didn't want to be seen as
being obstructive or adding yet another delay or complication.

-Al