[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge billboards are up!!

Noisebridge Treasurer treasurer at noisebridge.net
Sat Jul 30 08:45:50 UTC 2011

I'm super sketched out by the idea that I'm treasurer and attend
almost every membership meeting and had no idea about this.

Can we talk about it at a membership meeting? Maybe next week?

Also, if you accept donations on behalf of noisebridge that never hit
our bank accounts, I need to track them in our books in the cash
account, so that they make it into our taxes as income. If this is
intended as an in-kind donation, we should probably talk about that
too. As far as I knew, this method of fundraising without going
through Noisebridge accounts was usually used to buy something which
is then donated in-kind, so that the donations aren't actually dollar
amounts.

I think that this sort of fundraising should be well-accommodated once
we restructure the treasury to allow for earmarking donations. We do
however, have to have clear communication about it, for tax purposes.

-Kelly