[Noisebridge-discuss] Spam on the wiki

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat Jul 2 06:23:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 05:03:26PM -0700, L E wrote:
> +1 for email+ReCaptcha registration.  Yay!

I'm strongly against email reg requirements; mail accounts are easy to
come by anyways, and I'm not going to get into the "these are known spam
domains" game.  A captcha, especially an unusual one, is much better
IMO.  It could be as simple as "solve this math problem and put the
result in this textbox".

We survived for 4 years (holy fuck! it's been four years since this
crazy idea got started) with just requiring SSL; incremental improvement
is sufficient.

I'm still amused that anonymous editing isn't more of a problem.

-andy