[Noisebridge-discuss] Spam on the wiki

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Sat Jul 2 18:03:31 UTC 2011

NospamNX is a spam prevention plugin for Wordpress that works very well. It
uses a nice model. If someone (not me, unfortunately) was excited about
building a Mediawiki extension off this model, it could be sweet. The Create
User page could be salted with NospamNX magic to stop automated account
creation.

>From the plugin page:
---- Start of Snippet ----
Many Antispam Plugins focus on user interaction, e.g. captcha or
calculations to defend you against automated comment spambots. Some use
JavaScript and/or Sessions. NoSpamNX intend to handle automated
comment-spam-protection without these measures. It does not require
JavaScript, Cookies or Sessions. It does not change any of your comment
template fields, given you more compatibility with other WordPress- or
Browser Plugins.

NoSpamNX automaticly adds additional formfields to your comment form,
invisible to human users. If a spambot fills these fields blindly (which
most of all spambots do), the comment will not be saved.
----  End of Snippet  ----

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nospamnx/
http://www.svenkubiak.de/nospamnx-en/