[Noisebridge-discuss] Gatebot listeneth

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu Jul 14 05:17:08 UTC 2011

Brian Morris writes:

> I don't know what DTMF means.
>
> Also when is the code to change ? (hope not when I am on my way over ?)
>
> I am of limited means I don't have internet at home or on cell so I have no
> way to check the web page w/out warning. Don't wish to give up lunches to
> pay membership dues (for a key) although I do donate when I can.
>
> If I can deal with it all I will gladly use it, at least I will try it, but
> do I need to know DTMF ?

DTMF is an acronym for "dual-tone multifrequency" and is the system used
for touch tones.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Dual-tone_multi-frequency_signaling

Possibly the author of the page felt that hackers would know this and
non-hackers wouldn't.

It's so named because each touch tone is a chord of two simultaneous
pure tones added together, from a set of eight standardized frequencies.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>      |  No haiku patents
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/        |  means I've no incentive to