[Noisebridge-discuss] update on the shrine!

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 22:16:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 21:26, Michael C. Toren <mct at toren.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 10:35:30AM -0700, Rameen wrote:
> > It seems like the main issue is that the Church class was
> > being rearranged.
>
> No.
>
> The main issue, for many people, was that the shrine was being
> used in a religious context.

That this is an issue is a concern of mine. If it was, so what?
A space that can accept so many other things can not accept the
exercize of the Buddhist religion? I don't see on what basis we
can do that. Personal dislike of religion?

The Rinpoche is not representative of organized religion in any
sense; by that I mean, there is no lineage of Asian Buddhism to
which he can be assigned, despite his adoption of the manner and
titles of a few different lineages. There is thus no real
exercize of religion here; so what should we call it?

--
Jason Dusek