[Noisebridge-discuss] Sunday: Gathering of Collectives @ The Convent!

Jonah theberkeleybunny at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 04:06:18 UTC 2011

Hey everyone,

Just a reminder that we're hosting another gathering of collectives at the
convent this Sunday!

I realize it is Pride and that my scheduling was a bit off - apologies and
we'll catch you at the next if you can't attend this one! If you'd like to
drop by for an hour around 2pm, however, we'll be getting our introductions
done around that time!

Hope to see you, please refer to the original invite (attached below) for
all the details!

~Michael Warren

______________________

Greetings Collectivists!

This is your official invite to the second "*Gathering of SF Collectives*",
hosted @ *The Convent Collective's *circa-1936 Nunnery in the Lower Haight!

*Save the Date:* *Sunday, June 26th, from 11:30am - 4pm.*

We'll be serving some delish food and inviting fellow collectivists to bring
their own as well, potluck style.  The event will be hosted on our rooftop
with massive views of Downtown San Francisco. Our Address is :* 660 Oak
Street, between Fillmore and Webster, SF, CA 94117.*

We'll be opening up our doors at 11:30am, serving some light food at Noon
and then at *2pm* will be inviting everyone into a circle to give a brief
overview on what Collective Space(s) they represent, what projects they are
currently working on, as well as what their hopes for our "Collective of
Collectives" might be.

Last event was a great success, with representatives from over 10
collectives coming together to shake hands, look each other in the eye and
share their experience with folks "on the same trip".

The philosophy of collective / communal living is one of inclusive
togetherness, holding space for difference as well as rallying for free
expression and for each other's rights.  We truly are a powerful force when
we link up in this Synergistic manner. This is an opportunity for those
experienced in Collective Living / Activism to share their wisdom with those
new to the experience, as well as to make connections and alliances which
can be used to further our aims on all sides.

Also, this organization can be as much or as little as you'd like it to be -
a social network of like minded individuals on its light side, an
interconnected group of cellular tissue functioning for our greater good on
the heavier side.  The first step, however, is meeting with and interacting
with each other!

So, to that end, please do come on by the last Sunday of June to say hello!
And please feel free to bring food, champagne or orange juice for mimosas...
did we mention we all like to have a rowdy good time as well?

Lastly, *Please RSVP ASAP so we can get an idea of what numbers to expect!*
*
*
*Thanks & talk soon!*
*