[Noisebridge-discuss] Android question: I want to share, via wifi, my Internet connection. What's the best way to do this?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Jun 8 21:31:03 UTC 2011

It's hard to share IP connectivity over wifi without rooting your
phone or having it baked into the vendor image.

However, it is possible to run applications that will connect out to
the web and expose a SOCKS proxy or other application-level connection
redirection.

I've run Cyanogen mod for a while, which makes WiFi-based tethering
easy, but in the past I've had good luck with Tetherbot
(http://graha.ms/androidproxy/).

Cheers,
jof