[Noisebridge-discuss] Android question: I want to share, via wifi, my Internet connection. What's the best way to do this?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 20:44:36 UTC 2011

I'm not sure what phone you have, Michael, but if it is listed in the CyanogenMod site, then I'd recommend doing the process we worked out (and which I documented) at our Android/Arduino meetup this past weekend.  It will take about 1 (if everything goes smoothly) to 3 hours (if you have trouble downloading, or whatever, as I did) to get your phone going -- but it is worth it.  CyanogenMod has worked really well for me -- rock solid -- and no bugs that I've found with my usage.  And tethering is built in.  And so is using your phone as a hotspot for up to 5 other computers.

Here's the documentation from the meetup on the process that worked for me on my new G2 phone (similar process for other phones):
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/AndroidArduinoMeetup

Mitch.