[Noisebridge-discuss] Android question: I want to share, via wifi, my Internet connection. What's the best way to do this?

Ryan Rawson ryanobjc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 21:47:49 UTC 2011

Also note the android phones on T-Mobile ship with tethering enabled...
On Jun 9, 2011 1:44 PM, "Mitch Altman" <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what phone you have, Michael, but if it is listed in the
CyanogenMod site, then I'd recommend doing the process we worked out (and
which I documented) at our Android/Arduino meetup this past weekend. It will
take about 1 (if everything goes smoothly) to 3 hours (if you have trouble
downloading, or whatever, as I did) to get your phone going -- but it is
worth it. CyanogenMod has worked really well for me -- rock solid -- and no
bugs that I've found with my usage. And tethering is built in. And so is
using your phone as a hotspot for up to 5 other computers.

> Here's the documentation from the meetup on the process that worked for me
on my new G2 phone (similar process for other phones):
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/AndroidArduinoMeetup
>
> Mitch.
>

> ---------------------
>> Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 15:05:21 -0700
>> From: michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
>> To: tlalexander at gmail.com
>> CC: Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
>> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] Android question: I want to share, via
wifi, my Internet connection. What's the best way to do this?

>> Good point, and thanks for the explanation.
>>
>> On 06/08/2011 03:02 PM, Taylor Alexander wrote:
>> > Heh, well, on a normal computer, you don't have to jump through hoops
>> > enable root access, so there's not much of a need to give the process a
>> > name. Since some Android phones are tricky, its more involved and kinda
>> > needed a name since people had to talk about it.
>> >
>> > And Cyanogenmod is the name of a customized version of Android.
Cyanogen