[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Re: Android question: I want to share, via wifi, my Internet connection. What's the best way to do this?

claudio donndelinger orias3141 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 22:56:28 UTC 2011

Email is fun!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "claudio donndelinger" <orias3141 at gmail.com>
Date: Jun 9, 2011 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] Android question: I want to share, via
wifi, my Internet connection. What's the best way to do this?
To: "Taylor Alexander" <tlalexander at gmail.com>

Any (usually) rooted android phone will be capable of tethering, either over
wifi or usb. Gsm phones are easier, since there is only an APN that rarely
needs to be adjusted. It usually works out of the box. CDMA phones however
have an extra setting that can be adjusted either through the phone's
internal PST (##778 or other code) or through CDMA Workshop or QPST(MIP/PPP
settings).

Either way, root your phone, tether for free. Watch your data usage for a
tell tale spike. Check the forums at xda-developers for exact instructions
for you phone model.

Claudio
http://www.midsouthmakers.org