[Noisebridge-discuss] Trashing the classrooms and other workspaces.

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 18:37:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Brian Morris <cymraegish at gmail.com> wrote:

> The place is a complete wreck right now, garbage all over the kitchen, more
> and more junk or junking / disrepectful re-placement etc in the classrooms.

I would like to reach a settle point where as many folks as possible know
where things are and can expect them to be in place, and where as many new
people and old people are introduced to the fact that there is no staff at
Noisebridge.

Some folks still don't know that there is no budget for staff or cleanup,
and that everyone is expected to plan and arrange for their own cleanup
after any activities in the space.

> The only place that is clean is the hacker shelves which are bare.

Many areas seem chaotic while work is continuing on organizing the space,
especially when projects don't get completed in one swoop.  That's what you
get when you hire free labor.

When I label my infrastructure projects with a description of what's
happening, what the time frame for the project is, and a contact, that
people are much much more understanding of the drawn out process.

If you have followed the noisebridge-discuss threads or meeting notes you
would know that I have been planning to consolidate the hacker shelves since
March.
https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2011-April/022805.html
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2011_03_29

A more official announcement to noisebridge-annouce re: the hackshelves
moving is due and pending...

-rma