[Noisebridge-discuss] Seeking info about Intro to C Programming class

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Jun 16 22:20:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:12:54PM -0700, Erik Schneider wrote:
> Is anyone from the Intro to C Programming class reading who could

I'm not from the class, but I think I can help a bit...

> answer questions like could I start attending next week?

Yes, in general anyone can start attending classes at any time!

> And if yes:
> Is the class using a text or texts, and if so what is/are the text(s)?

I don't know what text they're using, but I'd recommend Kernighan and
Ritchie "The C Programming Language", Second Edition, as a good way to
learn the basics of the language.  It doesn't cover any libraries
developed in the last 15 years, and it doesn't cover integrating with
modern systems, but that's OK for purposes of just learning the language
itself.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0131103628

> And is there a particular thing the class is working on for next week?

I can't answer that one since I don't know what the status is. :)

-andy