[Noisebridge-discuss] Recommendations for good soldering stations?

Reed Kennedy reed at notfine.com
Thu Mar 3 01:47:35 UTC 2011

Interpretive Arson is currently rebuilding Syzygryd and now that my
Weller has broken we're nearly out of soldering irons.

We need 2-3 reasonable quality soldering stations good for building
custom PCBs, wiring and doing repairs.

Does anybody have recommendations in the $50 range? Or a compelling
case for spending more?

We use our tools constantly and hard during builds, so a robust iron
that'll last is a big plus.

Of course, if anyone has an extra station that they'd like to donate
or sell, I'd be glad to hear about that too.

Cheers,
Reed