[Noisebridge-discuss] Callout 4 old (b&w OLD) ipods and broken LCD monitors!!

Zach . organic_unity at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 22:25:44 UTC 2011

Hey NB ppls,
  Since I fixed three LCD monitors in one night at noisebridge yesterday I feel like I have a good grip now of doing these repairs.  There are 2 major repaired LCDs and one minor repaired LCD that I have fixed to keep at noisebridge, I'm sure people have seen them around and (hopefully) put them to good use.  It would be nice to have more of these donated to fix and use at noisebridge or give to people that need them.  If you have a broken one let me know!
FYI, lets keep the donations restricted to post 2003 at least, cause it does still take time to do the repairs and I would rather use my time to fix more useable and valuable equipment.

Also, I *REALLY* would love a broken old B&W ipod for its ancient HDD inside.  I have an old MP3 player I'm in love with and currently upgrading, but it needs an old mini-ATA drive like this:

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/gadgets_360/MK6006GAH.JPG

If you have an old ipod (the ones with the greenish black and white LCDs- original model) or anything with a mini ATA I would love one to get my project going :)

thanks!
Zach