[Noisebridge-discuss] Hackerspace Challenge project

Rikke Rasmussen rikke.c.rasmussen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 11:35:57 UTC 2011

Hey folks,

A bunch of us have joined forces to come up with a project for the
Hackerspace Challenge, and since we were already talking about expanding
Tastebridge activities with a new baby, the Biobridge (less food, more
biohacking), something to help guide our brewing and culturing adventures in
that direction seemed an obvious idea.

So, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, I present to you the
BioBoard!

[...]"The BioBoard" is an Arduino-controlled sensor package that allows
students, teachers, biohackers and home culturing enthusiasts alike to
monitor a range of physiochemical factors related to microbiological
processes (e.g. algae growing, youghurt production, kombucha fermentation,
sourdough culturing, etc.) in liquid media/cultures, with real-time wireless
data transmission and graphic data visualization designed to make key
correlations between these factors easily graspable.[...]

Now, we've pretty much got all the science and elelctronics stuff down, but
are always open to more help with everything, and we could really use a data
visualization expert on the crew, so if anyone out there would like to join
the effort to keep Noisebridge at the cutting edge of hacking in all areas
of life, please give me a heads up so I can hook you into the off-list loop.
A current draft of the full proposal can be found at:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/BioBridge/Hackerspace_Challenge_proposal

/Rikke