[Noisebridge-discuss] To hack or to punt? Trying to revive my Quad-core server.

Ken Adler ken.adler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 20:09:14 UTC 2011

I have a quad-core server (
http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1014899R/1014899Rsp2.shtml  upgraded to 4
G RAM) that I am trying to refresh.

I plugged it in and was not able to get any video .

So I went out and bought a new video card and plugged that in... still no
video  -  tried both VGA and DVI.  I confirmed that the monitor is working
fine (plugged it into another PC and it worked)

My question is, should I just give up now and resign myself to trashing the
PC?

Alternatively, if I bring it into NoiseBridge (coming in for Pyclass
tonight) is there some strategy for troubleshooting/ necessitating the PC
without access to video-out initially.

Thoughts?

--
Ken Adler