[Noisebridge-discuss] Soft Circuit Class/ talk

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 18:27:20 UTC 2011

I saw this today:
http://www.gaffta.org/our-work/education/soft-circuitry-textiles-electronics/
And while I like the idea, $250 is way to expensive for most people I know.
Therefore, I am thinking I'll teach a soft-circuits class at Noisebridge.
I'm also debuting my StarBoards with Sparkfun later this month and would
like to share them with NB. You have the option to order your own
LillyPads/arduino; OR you can buy my own kits, StarBoards (*
http://instagr.am/p/CUZzJ/*) from me at the class. I have a limited amount
so please, if you can, let me know.
I'm thinking a good time to do this would be a wednesday during/concurrent
to SCoW. I'd also be open to doing it other times.

About StarBoards (A bit of shameless self-promo): StarBoards are flexible
circuit boards designed with electronic crafters in mind. They're totally
flexible, thin, and can be ironed or glued on to any fabric or other
material. To make a connection, either sew through the large lead pads with
conductive thread  or solder directly to them- even when attached to fabric
as the Kapton base layer prevents damage to the fabric underneath.

I'll also give an overview of soft circuit materials and techniques,
projects, etc. I also have a sample book of various fabrics.

Let me know if you'd be interested in this, and feel free to chime in if
you'd like to bring something to share.

Meredith

--

Ladycartoonist.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein