[Noisebridge-discuss] laser galvos?

Michael Prados mprados at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 06:03:42 UTC 2011

I've been looking at marcan's laser scanner hardware, which he built
to go with his openlase software-

http://marcansoft.com/blog/openlase/hardware-mark-1/

I've been pondering building something like this, but the particular
galvanometers he is using are no longer easily available. I'm
wondering if anyone has any advice on selecting a galvo for a
cheap-ish scanner, or words of advice on other pitfalls with this kind
of setup.

A search for "laser galvo" on ebay comes up with some results, but I'm
not really sure what kind of specifications are worth the money:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=laser+galvo&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I've also seen some work on improvising galvos from hard drive voice
coils or speakers, but I'm not convinced this will produce useful
results.

Any scanning laser display experts out there?

-Mike

--
[REMOVE THIS TEXT BEFORE SENDING AN EMAIL!]