[Noisebridge-discuss] Awesome Soda Style Acrylic Cups with screw lock lid, double walls, and removable, but locking, soda straw!

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Sun Mar 20 19:42:16 UTC 2011

My roomie has one of these cups from her company and they are SO SLICK I
immediately started searching for them.  I found them for various
promotional printing companies, and the cheapest I found is for about $500
for 100, or $1000 for 250 (bulk rates and one time, $50 setup cost.)

So, I have a proposal for you, if people think this is a good idea, I'll
start collecting, now.  With maker faire coming up, if we sell them for $10
a piece, Noisebridge can get a sizable contribution over the cost.

Here's what I ask, if I get a critical mass of "that's awesome!"'s, then
I'll start collecting from you for an order I'll place at the end of the
week.  The idea is, I'll ask you, the community, to send me a $10 minimum
donation per cup you want via paypal.  DON'T DO IT YET!  When I determine if
it went over like a lead balloon or not, I will say, "Pay up, now!" and then
order next Monday or so.

Once I cover cost, 100% of proceeds will go to NB.

Here's what it might look like.  Also, I may add the text, "Mmmmm... Most
excellent!"

Here's the link if other people wanna front this:
http://www.usimprints.com/store/all-promotional-products/product/3-working-days-insulated-eco-tumbler/