[Noisebridge-discuss] Commercial Espresso Machine?

Aaron Cutchin aaroncutchin at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 20:21:15 UTC 2011

I have a ~12-year-old Italian "Elektra" commercial one-gang espresso machine.
It is a big (for 1-gang) heavy-duty unit, all chrome, with boiling water tank
and

lever-activated steam press.  It needs to be plumbed into a water supply.  It
also is VERY dirty, inside and out, and probably requires a complete and
thorough

renovation.  I also have a bunch of accessories for it, including a big
commercial bean grinder.

Would the Noisebridge community be interested in having this machine?  It might
make a fun project to restore.  Would the community want to sacrifice permanent
counter space for such a luxury?

Also keep in mind that this thing takes some hours (I don't know how many) to
pressurize before it can make any coffee.  I think cafes just leave these
things on all the time.  It is certainly nowhere near as energy-efficient as a
small
consumer unit.  Then again, if people make 50 espresso drinks from it every
day...

--  Aaron
--  aaroncutchin at yahoo.com
--  415-710-3430