[Noisebridge-discuss] Recommendations for good soldering stations?

Tymm Twillman tymmothy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 03:41:42 UTC 2011

I loved my used-from-ebay Hakko 937, which often can be found in that range.  (I still love it, I just ended up with a really high end iron that's super great, and only pull the Hakko out occasionally).  You'd be welcome to borrow it for a couple weeks if that'd help.  It's my only backup though, so not looking to get rid of it.

A lot of people seem to like Xytronic for inexpensive irons.  I'm not such a fan of their tips though (have used some on my Hakko and they just never tinned quite right).