[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] My Hair Is On Fire - Current events that are shaping your rights as we speak

Tom Cauchois tcauchois at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 03:21:28 UTC 2011

Earlier today (I think today?) a bunch of union firemen withdrew their
money from the bank that supported Gov. Walker's campaign in
Wisconsin.  I consider that a pretty cool, and effective, hack.

The problem with politics is that the interesting levers are hard to
see, so there's a lot of brainstorming and communication around
finding them.  It's not actually inefficient, just hard.

Retweeting CNN or AJE is useful, but it's a means to an end and not an
end itself.  Sometimes the end is donations (e.g. to Planned
Parenthood, NPR, whatever), and that's ok.  Sometimes the end is a
little while in coming, but something impressive (Obama's campaign,
the Wisconsin hack, etc).  Sometimes we need to take a lesson from the
60s (there are a number of parallels in the generational political
gap).