[Noisebridge-discuss] Question about hosting a KDE party at the space?

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Thu Mar 17 01:52:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Dr. Jesus <j at hug.gs> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste at kde.org> wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I am one of the conference planners for Camp KDE, the North American
>>> KDE [1] community conference. First of all, I would like to invite
>>> everyone to attend Camp KDE at Hotel Kabuki and April 4 and 5. More
>>> information is on the Camp KDE website [1].
>>>
>>> Second, I was wondering if it was possible, and if the group was
>>> willing, to have a post-conference party at Noisebridge. Your space is
>>> located about 2 miles from the venue which would make it relatively
>>> easy to get to. I noticed you had some events going on Monday and
>>> Tuesday of those dates, but that you also have multiple rooms. This
>>> would be a great opportunity to meet both international, American, and
>>> local KDE users and developers. Please let me know who I could talk to
>>> more about this.
>>
>> Do you know what time the post-conference party would be, and how many
>> people would be attending?
>
> It would be later in the evening approximately after 19:00 so people
> have a chance to grab dinner. We expect approximately 50 attendees,
> but historically we have had fewer and I expect closer to 35-40. Plus
> anyone from the space who would be interested in hanging out.
>
> In order to make it a more interactive event with the space, we could
> do a 5-minute-madness (lightning talks) of the conference
> presentations from the day and a quick overview of KDE. Then beer
> afterwards of course :)

Monday and Tuesday night are both really busy, and my intuition is
that 35+ people might be disruptive to the other big events we have on
Monday and Tuesday night.  If things get started after 8 and any talks
get going around 9 on either day then that might work out.  Please
have a look at the schedule on the main page to get a better idea of
what else is happening on either night.