[Noisebridge-discuss] Question about hosting a KDE party at the space?

Wladyslaw Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 22:28:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste at kde.org> wrote:
> It would be later in the evening approximately after 19:00 so people
> have a chance to grab dinner.
..
> In order to make it a more interactive event with the space, we could
> do a 5-minute-madness (lightning talks) of the conference
> presentations from the day and a quick overview of KDE.

This sounds like a fantastic event. Do you have somone on the ground
in San Francisco who can propose this at the next membership meeting?
I don't see any problems at all with April 4 or 5. There is sometimes
a meeting on Tuesday, but it is not held every week unless there is a
pressing crisis.

I attended a KDE Camp in Mountain View a few years back and I can
absolutely say that KDE hackers are some of the most fun people I have
ever met in the free software movement... if the fact they have a lead
developer called "Psycho" tells you anything.