[Noisebridge-discuss] To hack or to punt? Trying to revive my Quad-core server.

Ken Adler ken.adler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 02:38:25 UTC 2011

Thanks for the caution.

As it turns out I was finally able to confirm that my target mobo (the HP)
does *not* support the Q6600.

Also, I was able to get my hands on a nice power supply that was about to be
trashed at work.   So tomorrow I am going to try swapping power supplies to
see if that enables the dead PC ( Gateway)  to boot.

I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow.

Ken

Ken Adler
510-290-5806 (cell)
Ken at adler.net