[Noisebridge-discuss] To hack or to punt? Trying to revive my Quad-core server.

Ken Adler ken.adler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 21:41:00 UTC 2011

@zack.....

so here is the latest....

No luck after doing the following:

Replaced PSU with a known good PSU
removed battery from motherboard and cycled power.

Still same situation,   mobo fans spin up... but no signal to the screen....
no bios boot ( assuming from the fact that there is no signal to screen and
no HD reads)

To add insult to injury, I thought I was going to move the 4x 1G memory
sticks from this  dead PC (gateway) to my dual core machine (HP)... when I
opened the HP machine I see that there are only 2 memory slots  (which are
already filled) .

So at this point, I am not able to recycle anything from the dead machine
into the existing HP dual core server.... and I am not able to get the dead
machine back to life.

I guess at this point its either punt on the whole thing or go invest in a
mobo for the gateway and then move the memory and Quadcore (Q6600) to it.
Hate to throw more money at this machine, but a trip to frys over the
weekend might be in the offing....

Ken

--
Ken Adler