[Noisebridge-discuss] Maker Faire

Rameen emprameen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:23:25 UTC 2011

Dear Maker,

We are happy to inform you that your proposal for Maker Faire, Maker #5036 -
Noisebridge, has been accepted.  We're looking forward to having you
participate in the 6th Annual Maker Faire Bay Area 2011!

I'd like to explain the process leading up to Maker Faire:

Save the dates May 21st and 22nd! You should also consider being available
on Friday, May 20th for setup and a special late afternoon Maker Networking
event.  We hope you'll set up on Friday and then stick around to meet some
of the other makers who are exhibiting.

Prepare your exhibit: We will provide a standard setup, which includes a
standard banquet table and two chairs. We ask that you bring all other items
required for your exhibit.  If you need something different, and you
indicated so in your entry, we may contact you to discuss these details. We
will also provide a small sign for your exhibit.  We encourage you to think
about ways to design your exhibit and to make it interactive and fun. If you
have any questions about your exhibit or changes to it, please email us at
makers at makerfaire.com.

The Maker Manual
http://cdn.makezine.com/make/makerfaire/bayarea/2011/mfba11_maker_manual.pdfwill
help you prepare for Maker Faire and answer many of your questions.
An
additional email confirming your exhibit details will be sent with a link to
electronically accept your Participation Agreement.  This agreement
indicates that you've read the Maker Manual and that we've agreed on the
specifics of your exhibit.

Safety Plans: Help us produce a fun and safe environment for all. If your
exhibit requires Fire Marshall approval (you know who you are), please
submit the Safety Plan for your exhibit no later than April 11th, via email
to Louise Glasgow at louiseg at oreilly.com. If you have questions regarding
this, please contact Louise.

Here's the preliminary Maker Faire schedule so you can plan ahead:

  Friday, May 20th – Setup                                     10 a.m. - 8
p.m.

  Friday, May 20th - Maker Networking Event             5 p.m. - 8 p.m. *

  Saturday, May 21st - Maker Faire – SHOWTIME          10 a.m. - 8 p.m.

  Sunday, May 22nd - Maker Faire – SHOWTIME            10 a.m. - 6 p.m.

  Sunday, May 22nd - Break Down                       7 p.m. - 9 p.m.

*  Times for social activities on Friday afternoon are subject to change.
 We will notify you of the final details a few days prior to the event.

Spread the news!  We've created some Maker Faire graphics that you can use
on your website and email signatures to let people know about your
appearance.  We appreciate any efforts on your part to promote Maker Faire
to friends, family, and coworkers.

You will find these graphics at
http://makerfaire.com/bayarea/2011/badges.csp

Our goal is to make Maker Faire a truly unique, educational, and
extraordinary experience for everyone.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you at Maker Faire!

Sherry

P.S. If you have friends who should be exhibiting cool projects at Maker
Faire, tell them there's still time to apply – until March 21st.  Send them
to http://makezine.com/makerfaire/bayarea/2011/callformakers/ and they can
complete the entry form.

Sherry Huss (Sherry at oreilly.com)

Director