[Noisebridge-discuss] Camera blinding jewelry?

Griffin Boyce griffinboyce at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 02:18:12 UTC 2011

Hi David,

I occasionally make jewelry and played around with this concept last
summer.  The biggest problems I found are that this approach mostly negates
photos from the front (not from behind and less impactful on sideview), the
size needed and overall appearance of the items.  Adam Harvey is taking the
approach of using a purse to handle the size and appearance issues
involved.  One could also use a hoodie with LEDs around the face, if you
waterproof it or make it dry-clean only.

The effect from the side was actually rather interesting -- some of the
photos I took made it appear that a bright light was coming directly from
the breasts. But, the face was fully visible.  Good for hiding an
unfortunate breast augmentation, I suppose ;-P  These will also affect
security cameras, which could lead to one getting booted out of a nightclub,
in theory anyway.

Hope this helps,

Griffin

--
Be the change you want to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

PGP Key etc: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/User:Fontaine