[Noisebridge-discuss] Commercial Espresso Machine?

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 21:29:13 UTC 2011

We have an espresso machine that, sadly, is fairly un-used. Since that one
is- or was- in working order and has  not seen use, I would be hesitant to
bring a larger commercial unit into the space.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Aaron Cutchin <aaroncutchin at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I have a ~12-year-old Italian "Elektra" commercial one-gang espresso
> machine.
> It is a big (for 1-gang) heavy-duty unit, all chrome, with boiling water
> tank
> and
>
> lever-activated steam press.  It needs to be plumbed into a water supply.
>  It
> also is VERY dirty, inside and out, and probably requires a complete and
> thorough
>
> renovation.  I also have a bunch of accessories for it, including a big
> commercial bean grinder.
>
> Would the Noisebridge community be interested in having this machine?  It
> might
> make a fun project to restore.  Would the community want to sacrifice
> permanent
> counter space for such a luxury?
>
> Also keep in mind that this thing takes some hours (I don't know how many)
> pressurize before it can make any coffee.  I think cafes just leave these
> things on all the time.  It is certainly nowhere near as energy-efficient
> as a
> small
> consumer unit.  Then again, if people make 50 espresso drinks from it every
> day...
>
> --  Aaron
> --  aaroncutchin at yahoo.com
> --  415-710-3430

Ladycartoonist.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein