[Noisebridge-discuss] Need quick tutor: UML Visualization of High OO Data modeling

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri May 6 23:12:02 UTC 2011

As a programmer, I like having a 'picture' of the system that I'm working
on.. It helps me file things in the right place.

I inherited a project that is a bit hairy. For my own use, I need to learn
to make UMLs so I can interpret this project. If someone has a software
package  that they can tutor me on (on how to represent some of
these hierarchal inheritance models) along with normal data ORM models, it'd
be greatly appreciated. I may even get to pay a little bit.

I can use Image Docs in Google, but I really need to just buckle down with
someone and learn to crank through some basics as I review code and build
these models. So, I'll need: 1) Help with the right symbols to represent a
few objects (a few quick questions and I should be on my way), and 2) a
recommended open source software package that works well and that I can use
to make my models.. so a little tutoring on how to use the tool as I work
through some examples would be great..

I have the basics, but I need someone to help me get through this quickly so
I have a feel of this mess that I inherited...

Cheers,

Glen
--
Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter
least.

-- Goethe