[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Getting photos off my ScanDisk 4GB Micro SD HC storage device

Elise Scher elise.scher01 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:25:00 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elise Scher <elise.scher01 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Subject: Getting photos off my ScanDisk 4GB Micro SD HC storage device

Hi People,
    I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for my copying my photos off
my ScanDIsk 4GB SD HC storage device onto my Samsung netbook.
    Here are the details.
    This morning I noticed that my LG cel phone no longer displayed the
picture of my son Joseph as its inside wallpaper. Popping out and back in
the ScanDisk no longer worked to fix the problem. It also no longer
displayed my daughter Rebecca's picture as its external wallpaper. So I
hunted around under tools on the cel phone. It thinks that I do not have any
memory card in it when I do have the ScanDisk in it, in the slot.
    I was hoping that I could still transfer the pictures from the ScanDisk
to my netbook. I have over 100 pictures of family and from 2 trips.
    I have made some attempts to persue this myself, but am stumped. For
instance, Windows Media Player wants to format the ScanDisk. I said no.
    I will email out more information about my LG cel phone shortly.
    By the way, the LG cel phone's battery does not hold a charge very well.
    Also, I had Verizon replace the phone at least 2 times. This last time,
I noticed that the wallpaper would revert to the original pictures on
occasion. I would quickly pop out and pop back in the ScanDIsk to fix the
problem. I tried that again this time. But it did not work.
   I even tried turning off the phone and turning it back on. No luck.
   Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Elise L. Scher