[Noisebridge-discuss] [makesf] New Meetup: Make:SF June 14th @ The Tech Shop

Malcolm Knapp malcolm.knapp at gmail.com
Wed May 18 00:12:55 UTC 2011

Announcing a new Meetup for Make:SF - the Bay Makers!

*What*: Make:SF June 14th @ The Tech
Shop<http://www.meetup.com/makesf/events/18173411/>
*When*: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:30 PM

*Where*: Tech Shop SoMa
926 Howard St
San Francisco , CA 94103
(415) 263-9161

Hello Makers and welcome Maker Fairers!

This month we are going to do knot projects! First we have a rope
bracelet<http://www.instructables.com/id/Paracord-bracelet-with-a-side-release-buckle/>
 by Stormdrane <http://www.instructables.com/member/Stormdrane/> or bag
handle<http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Wide-Sturdy-Handle-With-The-Portuguese-Sinn/>
 by keng <http://www.instructables.com/member/keng/>. This project is a fun
way to get into knots and it could also be useful in an emergency :) Then
just in time for summer, we will show you how to make the basic Jug
Knot <http://www.instructables.com/id/Carry-any-Bottle-with-a-JUG-KNOT-Handle/>
by hpstoutharrow <http://www.instructables.com/member/hpstoutharrow/>. If
you are interested in doing this knot bring a jug or bottle you want to use.
This workshop will be $5. Also if you have not already, you should check
out Instuctables <http://www.instructables.com/> where all of these projects
came from. It is a great site for learning how to do all types of things
from electronics, to sewing, to cooking, to pretty much anything you can
think of.

Also, *we want to see all the cool stuff you are doing!* If you are working
on a project and want to show it off or get help, email us and we will
arrange for a demo.

This fun-for-all-ages event starts at 6:30pm. Children under 14 need to
be accompanied by an adult.

If you are working on a project and want to show it off or get help bring it
in. We want to see the cool stuff you are doing :)

 - - - - - - - - - - -

New to Make:SF? Discover what membership has to offer on the
Membership page<http://www.makesf.org/membership/>
.

 - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for joining our group! Keep us going strong by chipping in! Pay your
Jan-Jun 2011 dues online today! <http://www.meetup.com/makesf/dues/> You can
also pay cash or credit card in person at the meeting.

See you soon!

*Check it out! <http://www.meetup.com/makesf/events/18173411/>*

--
Please Note: If you hit "*REPLY*", your message will be sent to
To learn more about Malcolm Knapp, visit his/her member

 Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
support at meetup.com