[Noisebridge-discuss] East Bay Hamfest! June 4th 2011

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed May 18 00:37:55 UTC 2011

East Bay Section Convention

HAMFEST/CONVENTION

06/04/2011
Start Date: 06/04/2011
End Date: 06/04/2011
Location: KRE Building - Home of the California Historical Radio
Society/Bay Area Radio Museum/W6CF Memorial Station
601 Ashby Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94701
Website: http://www.eastbaysectionarrl.org/
Sponsor: ARRL East Bay Section & California Historical Radio Society
Type: ARRL Convention
Talk-In: 146.520 Simplex
Public Contact: Jim Latham	 , AF6AQ
1798 Warsaw Avenue Livermore, CA 94550
Phone: 925-447-6136
Email: af6aq at arrl.net

2011 ARRL EAST BAY SECTION CONVENTION

Posted by af6aq on March 22nd, 2011

The ARRL East Bay Section and the California Historical Radio Society are
co-sponsoring the First Annual ARRL East Bay Section Convention. The event
will be held at the KRE Building  Home of the California Historical Radio
Society, Bay Area Radio Museum, and W6CF Memorial Station.

Admission  Free
When  June 4 from 0900 to 1300 hours.
Where  601 Ashby Ave., Berkeley, CA 94710  (From I-80 East, take the
Ashby/Shellmound Exit. Take the Shellmound turnoff. At the stop sign turn
left onto Shellmound. Go across the bridge and make the first left into
the gate. From I-80 West, take the Ashby Ave. Exit. Go under the bridge &
make a right turn on 7th St. Go right on Folger. Go left on Hollis. Go
right on 67th & then right on Shellmound, across the bridge and left into
the gate.)
Contact  Jim Latham, AF6AQ by email at af6aq at arrl.net
Planned Activities;

Swap Meet (No fee)  Gate opens 0800. No selling activity until 0900
DXCC Card Checking (also VUCC, WAS and WAC cards)
Speaker
Kristen McIntyre, K6WX  PSK-31 on iPad: A Personal Journey
Bruce Perens K6BP  Codec 2, the new codec written by hams, for digital
voice
East Bay Section ARES Leadership Meeting (for ECs and above)
ARRL Forum/Open Section meeting.
Drawing for door prizes.