[Noisebridge-discuss] Maker Faire

rachel lyra hospodar rachel at mediumreality.com
Mon May 2 17:56:31 UTC 2011

Maker Faire generally only minds about vending if it is the primary
thing you are doing, and i doubt they would have any issue with us
asking for money.  Health code, though is another issue.  My
understanding of the health code surrounding products made in a
noncommercial kitchen is that we can only distribute them to a private
membership.  Underground Market gets around this by having everyone sign
up at the event who is not already part of their mailing list.  We can
have this 'signup' be for our announce list, and include a version of a
waiver text like theirs:
Sign up here for a free membership to the SF Underground Market
(necessary to get in).  By signing up below I state that I am an adult,
and understand that upon entering the SF Underground Market, I will have
the option to consume products made by the participants and that the
products that may have been produced in a space not inspected by the
health department.  By signing up I  agree  that ForageSF as the sponsor
of SF Underground Marker and its organizers will have no liability
whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by me for any liability for
any injury, loss or damages of to me due in whole or in part, directly
or indirectly, from the use of any product at the Market or while on the
premises of the Market

R.