[Noisebridge-discuss] 3D model interior open source simple

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 20:03:11 UTC 2011

Hi to all,
For the time being I want to model a food hacking base = kitchen with dinning
room and attached facilities so model of interior.

The basic model is for getting the size of the tent right. The second phase is
going to be addition of kitchen stations and equipment to be able to pick up the
most effective design. I would love to have it later on with "textures" meaning
not just an empty boxes with a sign "stove" but "kind off photo image" of stove
with oven, cutting boards, more or less basic 3D of functional kitchen drawn or
photo type of graphics.

It would be amazing to have the final facility once it is build fully scanned or
"interactive" so you can kind of walk around see the things, read the outputs
from thermometers etc. It may get to that point or it may stay quite small and
simple but at least basic functional design of the facility to determine it's
size and plan the effective design is necessary.

It is important to realize that we are trying to create "the best" model of
kitchen for this type of events (4-10 days of out door cooking) for 30-60 people
being fed. It is not going to be perfect the first time but it would be cool to
have it as good as we can get, spending decent amount of energy in the project.
I certainly want to take it further on "next" event.

For the modeling I've been recommended till now

google sketchup

http://sketchup.google.com/

tinkercad
http://tinkercad.com/

blender
http://www.blender.org/

Keep me posted and if someone at 091 labs would be willing to help me to learn
the basics how to work with one of the programs mentioned above that would be
great!

Sincerely,

Frantisek