[Noisebridge-discuss] I am interested in starting an optimization group at noisebridge (BetterBridge? TrollSearch?)

Crutcher Dunnavant crutcher at gmail.com
Fri May 27 20:27:20 UTC 2011

The ML group seems to have grown up quite a bit since the last time I paid
attention; and I think I should start participating; as the page lists many
things I'd like to learn and play with.

I am specifically suggesting a group-project oriented group; rather than a
research group or class. Something that would yield finished projects;
something where we collaborate on a common code base and problem set, beat
it to death, publish it (5mof?); and move on to the next one.

There are many applications of metaheuristic search outside machine
learning; and I don't want to hijack a group which looks healthy.