[Noisebridge-discuss] Silk screening

Alexandra Glowaski alex.glowaski at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 21:38:31 UTC 2011

It should be fairly easy, and minimally invasive, to mount some brackets to
the side of one of the tables. That does limit the places where you can
print, but it's always there.

I think Dick Blick might have such supplies; will check the next time I go
by. :)

- merlin

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:

> Jen,
>
> I don't believe that we have a proper press for screening. I've done a
> little bit of small-time screening of shirts about a year ago there.
>
> When I did, I was using a photoemulsion process to fill the screen
> with an image and print from that. When printing onto shirts, I just
> found a stiff piece of cardboard to wrap the shirt around, and then
> just pressed the screen against it on a table.
>
> I'd say that this worked fine in a pinch for several shirts, but would
> be difficult and error prone to do things this way at scale.
>
> Cheers,
> jof

Make your world!
www.alexglow.com