[Noisebridge-discuss] NoiseTOR & Re: Treasurer's report

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Nov 16 23:42:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:33:45PM -0800, rachel lyra hospodar wrote:
> I just want to point out that when noisetor started I was being stickler-y
> about the money stuff (ie doing things the right way) and everyone from
> noisetor was all "you're a wet blanket, we totally intend to do our
> homework".  Now what I perceive to be the case is that the treasurer is
> left untangling the financial records and nobody from noisetor is really
> doing any reporting about it.

What reporting would you like?  I guess I am not a good usecase since I
see all the donation numbers coming in, so I really don't know what
reporting would be useful to people who aren't directly involved.

There's a live donation graph on http://tor.noisebridge.net which AFAIK
(and I have checked a little bit) is complete and up-to-date.

Maybe you're looking for a weekly or monthly email from noisetor folks
giving the total donation amounts received and the amounts spent?  I can
include total Tor bandwidth provided too, anything else you'd like to
see?

I don't know why you think the "treasurer is left untangling the
records", all Noisetor donations are tagged and recorded and Kelly has
been great about telling us how much money we have and paying the bills!
There's one source of income (the donations via Paypal) and one outflow
(payments to the vendor) so it's pretty straightforward.  As far as I
can see (and maybe I'm missing something) it's had about as little
impact on the treasurer as possible.  Please correct me if that's wrong.

Greetings from Tokyo,
-andy