[Noisebridge-discuss] Paid for cleaners, have they ever come by the space?

Will Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 10:28:37 UTC 2011

Sigh.  Disregard that, I'm being a cock.

Cleaners came by the space three times in total, once a month, around
10 am.  They cleaned the floors, counter tops, bathrooms and swept
around the place, not including the shop or member shelves.  The aim
was to go for the areas that Noisebridge cleaners tend not to go for.

To your point -- why Noisebridge looks like a festering cackhole -- is
because a) once a month and b) they were told not to clean any of the
tables off.

Why were they not cleaning the desks off?  Two reasons: one,
Noisebridge has odd shit on tables, and two, we went through a number
of cleaners who would simply not take the deal at all at the rate we
were offering once they saw the space.  Even my friendly neighborhood
cleaners passed on it, and they're hungry for work.

As to why Duncan didn't see them, I have no idea.  They showed up the
first time, and they've continued to send invoices after that, and
I've paid them with the expectation that they showed up and did their
jobs.  If your implication is that they invoiced us and never showed,
I can dig into them for more details, but I doubt it's worth their
while to rip us off when they had a perpetual offer in front of their
noses.

Ultimately the proof is in the pudding.  I think it's been worthwhile
myself, and a number of people commented to me that NB has looked
cleaner to them -- so while your opinion is noted and valued, there is
a spread.

Will.